Finally! A Music Theory Course You Can Easily Understand
The best way to learn music theory is to learn it on your instrument. That’s why our music theory courses are taught on the guitar. All of the examples and explanations are given using the guitar fretboard and with the guitarist in mind. This will allow you to learn much more quickly than through traditional methods, because you’ll be able to easily visualize everything based on your instrument. It will also allow you to use the information you learn in practical musical situations instead of being left with unusable theory. So not only will you learn the theory, but you’ll be shown musical examples for everything on the guitar, and be given practical ways to use the information in real world situations.
If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed and confused trying to learn music theory, this course is for you.
About Music Theory Level 2
Music Theory Level 2 starts right where Music Theory Level 1 left off. This course dives deeper into each topic you learned in Music Theory Level 1 as well as introduces you to new and important concepts. Everything is presented in practical easy to understand ways to help you retain and use the information in musical situations on your guitar. By the end of this course you’ll not only have a deeper understanding of how music works, but you’ll understand your guitar much better.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in Music Theory Level 2:
- The names of the intervals
- The intervals between each string
- Interval shapes
- Octave shapes
- How to use octaves to memorize your fretboard
- Unison shapes
- The Major Scale
- Major Scale construction
- How to find the sharps and flats in each Major Scale
- Major Scale keys
- The Natural Minor Scale
- Relative minor
- Minor keys
- Scale patterns and positions
- And much more!
What you get with this course:
- 24/7 access to 13 video lessons (almost 3 hours)
- Music Theory Level 2 Workbook
- Designed to accelerate your learning and help you retain the information better
- Includes step by step instructions for each lesson
- Includes questions for you to answer based on each video lesson
- Music Theory Level 2 Workbook Answer Key
- Contains all of the answers to each question in the Music Theory 2 Workbook. This allows you to check the accuracy of your answers.
- Music Theory Level 2 eGuide
- Includes all of the charts and diagrams presented in each video lesson
- Includes practice instructions
- And more!
- Practice instructions
- Practical ways to practice and retain all of the information in the lessons
- Includes 9 bonus practice instructions videos
- Ability to leave comments and ask questions
- Each video lessons contains a comment section where you can leave comments or ask questions about the specific lesson or the course in general. Chad will answer all of your questions and give you further advice and instructions as needed.
- And much more!
Here’s are some of the things people are saying about our music theory courses:
"Finally someone who explains it clearly! Thank you.”
"I'm loving the series! I never imagined music was so easy!”
"It's a testament to your teaching skill how often these videos have no people asking any questions. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this out there for everybody.”
“These lessons are fantastic - no waffle, just really clear explanations of things that have baffled me for years (decades actually). Many thanks!”
“Brilliant lesson .... these tutorials are increasing my knowledge of the fret-board no end!!!”
“Perfect lessons, thank you”
“wow just discovered. just started watching and have every intention to watch all of these in order until completion. exactly what I was looking for and excellent presentation.”
“I was right, this course is better than Theory Course 1 ..... if that is possible. Saying this, both courses contain invaluable information, taught in a concise and clear manner by a brilliant teacher .... Thanks Chad!!!!”
Chad Lambert is the co-founder and Lead Instructor of Move Forward Guitar. Along with creating his own courses, Chad oversees all the instructors and their courses. He also runs the popular Move Forward Guitar YouTube channel. Outside of Move Forward Guitar, Chad is the guitarist for his wife's indie-folk project Her Silo, and also writes his own music. Chad and his wife live in the Seattle area with their Labradoodle, Zappa.
PreviewLesson 1 - Intervals On One String (14:27)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 1 (1:47)
StartLesson 2 - String Intervals (10:30)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 2 (1:55)
StartLesson 3 - Interval Shapes (13:33)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 3 (2:41)
PreviewLesson 4 - Interval Shapes On All String Sets (11:55)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 4 (1:40)
StartLesson 5 - Octave Shapes (14:00)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 5 (11:13)
StartLesson 6 - Unison Shapes (9:48)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 6 (3:17)
StartLesson 7 - The Major Scale (5:36)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 7 (2:26)
StartLesson 8 - More About The Major Scale (3:32)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 8 (1:29)
StartLesson 9 - Sharps and Flats (9:33)
StartLesson 10 - Major Scale Keys (15:07)
StartLesson 11 - The Natural Minor Scale (15:25)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 11 (2:25)
StartLesson 12 - Relative Minor and Minor Keys (11:57)
StartPractice Instructions For Lesson 12
StartLesson 13 - Scale Patterns and Positions (21:02)